Vein doctors and vascular surgeons are always looking for new and better ways to treat serious cases of varicose veins. And people who suffer from varicose veins are always eager to get rid of them with a minimum of discomfort and recovery time. The Venefit procedure is an exciting alternative to traditional vein stripping that both physicians and patents have come to appreciate.
What is the Venefit Procedure?
Proven effective both in clinical trials and in medical practice, the Venefit procedure is a minimally invasive treatment of varicose veins that uses endovenous radiofrequency ablation (RFA) technology. Performed by a specialized vein doctor at a licensed vein clinic or vein treatment center, Venefit collapses and closes enlarged veins using a specially-designed RFA catheter. When the catheter is removed, the vein naturally seals shut, automatically forcing blood flow to healthy veins.
How the Venefit Procedure Can Help You
Although many people think that varicose veins are a purely cosmetic issue, the condition can often become quite physically debilitating. Common symptoms of advanced varicose veins include…
- Painful and/or aching limbs
- Dryness and itchiness
- Leg fatigue and heaviness
- Restless leg syndrome
The Venefit procedure was not designed to address small spider veins or other purely cosmetic issues. For those who suffer from serious varicose vein symptoms, however, it offers a number of distinct advantages.
The Venefit Advantage
Unlike traditional vein stripping surgery or laser ablation, the Venefit catheter applies even and constant heat to specific targeted areas, using temperatures that do not exceed 120 degrees Celsius. As a result, the procedure offers benefits such as…
- Less pain and swelling – Because it is so minimally invasive, Venefit reduces overall damage to healthy tissue. It also produces fewer complications and less scarring.
- Faster recovery times – The Venefit procedure is typically completed using local anesthesia in a clinic or in a same-day hospital setting. In a 2009 study, Venefit patients reported significant improvements in quality of life that were up to four times faster than traditional techniques.
- Long-lasting results – In addition to providing rapid patient relief and recovery times, Venefit offers long-lasting effects. An international multicenter research initiative has shown the Venefit procedure to be 93 percent effective three years after treatment.
The Venefit procedure is only performed as a medical necessity by highly trained physician specialists. If you feel as though you might be a likely candidate for the procedure or would simply like to know more about it, contact one of the skilled and knowledgeable professionals at the Bridgeport Vein Center.